KMS Transport Driving Academy offers WHMIS employee training courses to individuals and groups that require WHMIS certification to perform the requirements of their profession. The training course is developed to provide to protect the Employee, Public and the Environment in the work place. Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System.
This course will guide you through all aspects of the WHMIS system, from the classifications, to MSDS’s. Your training will explain in detail what you need to know, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention after each module.
- Worker Education
Following completion of this course, you should be able to understand
- How do you protect yourself?
- Where do you go to get more information on this product?
- What should you do in case of an emergency or spill?
- What hazards are associated with what products?
Key Points on WHMIS
- Anyone working with or around Hazardous Materials are required by law to be WHMIS trained
- WHMIS is primarily concerned labelling and information sheets for Hazardous Materials
- All employers are required to show diligence in ensuring their employees are WHMIS trained
- WHMIS systems must be reviewed every year, including some measure of training
- Worksite Safety’s WHMIS Course follows Federal and Provincial OHS Regulations related to WHMI