As of September 1, 2019, you must now complete the Class 1 Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) course before you can book your road test with Manitoba Public Insurance. This course covers the essential skills to safely operate a semi truck and trailer.
KMS Transport Driving Academy is registered with Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) as a Mandatory Entry Level Training (MELT) provider.
121.5 Hour Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) Course
- Classroom training (40.5 hours)
- In-yard training (40.0 hours)
- In cab training (41.0 hours)
Total 121.5 hours of training
• 18 years of age or older
• Hold a full class 5 licence (stage F)
• Have class 1A licence (class 1 authorized instruction)
• Have an “I” endorsement (authorized air brake instruction)
• Valid medical record on file with Manitoba Public Insurance
- Student textbooks
- Classroom supplies
For all students who take MELT in Manitoba, you can book your road test only after the school notifies MPI that you have successfully completed your MELT course.
Eligible for T2202, Tuition and Enrollment Certificate for you to claim on your income tax return